Sunday, May 3, 2009
Banana Allergy
I just wanted to update you about our banana allergy. Tyson is doing great. He was on Benadryl for 48 hours to help with the swelling and reaction. But now he is back to his normal happy self. Bananas are in the group of allergies that are considered Latex allergies. The allergy is associated with a plant protein. We have made an appointment to see an allergy doc. After I posted the last update, Brandy, Brad's sister showed it to the doctors she works for and they said that this reaction was a major one and that we really need to be careful and that we may need to carry and epi pen with us just in case he has another allergic reaction to something since this one was really bad and quick. Great news to hear if you are mom and dad. So, besides bananas; peaches, mangoes, and possibly strawberries and pineapple are foods he can't eat that they make baby food with. Another major one is potatoes. I tried shopping today for some mixed foods but everything has bananas, peaches, mangoes, or potatoes in them. I guess I'm glad Tyson loves his veggies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
An Idaho boy allergic to potatoes?
Thinking of you guys! :-)
Post a Comment